“Food is perhaps the most apt symbol of our civilization because in its insatiable aggression, our civilization consumes everything around us: nature, animals, whole ethnic groups, cultures… everything gets digested in its utilitarian maw only to be excreted as money – the excrement of our times.”
From Jidlo, Jan & Eva Švankmajer exhibition catalogue, Prague, 2004.
Translated by Tereza Stehlikova
“As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. … it is much the same all the world over, wheter the building be an Egyptian temple or the United States Bank.”
Walden, Henry David Thoreau.
• Touch Radio 59 | Ghost of Gnathonemus Petersii (2011) [listen]
• You are listening to Montréal [listen]
• Dead Man’s Bones (2009)
Dead Man’s Bones
• It Took Several Wives (1982)
• The Radius Episode 01: Michael Woody “Numbers Station 1 & 2” [listen]
• The Radius Episode 02: Margaret Noble “Frakture: George Orwell’s Novel “1984” Remixed” [listen]
• Tender Prey
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds