One of my data bending/glitch/sound illustrations/designs has been featured in an article published in the Digital Arts magazine website. “The Best Button Badge Designs of 2016 now available as prints”.
I found this by chance, and it’s a bit funny because I spent a lot of years translating articles for the Spanish version of that magazine. Anyway, my design is not available as print, but if you like it you can buy the button badge.
“They rejected subjectivism, expressiveness, narrative, and direct social reference and focused instead on the medium’s formal and material properties … flicker films were about retinal response to rapidly changing frames … structural film also inquired into the spectator’s perceptual activity … flicker and single-frame films engaged the psycho-physics of vision.”
“Structural Film: Noise”, Juan A. Suárez, in Still Moving: Between Cinema and Photography.
• Flicker (2008)
• Heroes, Volume 5: Redemption (2009-2010)
• Muchachada Nui, 4ª temporada (2010) [watch]
• The Girlfriend Experience (2009)
• Outer Space (1999) [watch]
• Arnulf Rainer (1958-1960) [watch]
• Act of God (1980)
• Shift (1972-74)
• Sentimental Punk (1979) [watch]
• Scheiss-Kerl (1969)
• A Movie (1958) [watch]
• V for Vendetta (2005)
• What’s in a flicker film?
Edward S. Small and Joseph Anderson. Communication Monographs, Volume 43, March 1976.
• His African Journey: An Interview with Peter Kubelka
Scott MacDonald. Film Quarterly, Vol. 57, No. 3 (Spring, 2004),.
• Structural Film: Ten Years Later
Regina Cornwell. The Drama Review: TDR, Vol. 23, No. 3, Structuralist Performance Issue (Sep., 1979).
• Special effects in Martin Arnold’s and Peter Tscherkassky’s cinema of mind
Michele Pierson. Discourse, 28.2 & 3, Spring and Fall 2006.
• Biomusic and the Brain: An interview with David Rosenboom
David Paul. Performing Arts Journal, Vol. 10, No. 2 (1986).