2016, single-channel video, HD 1280x720px, 06:18min.
WARNING: This film contains flashing images.
Psycho (1960) by Alfred Hitchcock and Psycho (1998) by Gus Van Sant collide in a frame-by-frame editing that assaults the eyeballs and assassinates the normative consciousness of the viewer. The footage seems to penetrate us, as though it was a knife or a threatening phantasmagorical entity. The fast succession of single frames and extremely short audio files produce afterimages and aftersounds—entoptic and endaural phenomena—creating a film that does not happen on the screen, but in our brain cells.
• Intersección – Contemporary Audiovisual Art Festival, Cine París, 22 Oct 2022, A Coruña (Spain).
• Family Film Project: International Film Festival on Archive, Memory, Ethnography, Cinema Trindade, 22 Oct 2022, Porto (Portugal).
• Xcèntric, CCCB, 29 Sep 2020, Barcelona (Spain).
• Festival de Cinema da Bienal de Curitiba, 14-17 Nov 2017, Curitiba (Brasil).
• Strangloscope, Mostra Internacional de áudio, vídeo/filme e performance experimental, 9 Nov 2017, Florianópolis (Brasil).
• 4˚ Festival Kino Beat, 8 Nov 2017, Porto Alegre (Brasil).
• Phenomia: Mostra de Cinema Experimental Espanhol, 7-8 Nov 2017, Vitoria (Brasil).
• Phenomia: Mostra de Cinema Experimental Espanhol, 3-8 Nov 2017, Belem (Brasil).
• Festival Riverrun, Centre National de Création Musicale Albi — Tarn, 8 Oct 2017, Albi (France).
• L’Alternativa 2016, 15/18/19 Nov 2016, Barcelona (Spain).
• Jornadas de reapropiación 2016, 5 Nov, Mexico City (Mexico).
• CRANC #01, 27 May 2016, Barcelona (Spain).