2016, single-channel video, HD 1920x1080px, 05:00min.
Digital animation based on the additive synthesis RGB (red-green-blue) colour model—the primary colours of light. The shapes move and overlap in a constant flicker that generates complementary colours and entoptic phenomena, assaulting the eyeballs and assassinating the normative consciousness of the viewer. A piece that does not happen only on the screen, but in our neurons.
The soundtrack are the film frames themselves saved as audio files, using a data bending process inspired by the optical sound experiments by filmmakers such as Norman McLaren, Lis Rhodes, Guy Sherwin, etc. What you see is exactly the same that what you hear.
“This film’s perceptual manipulations make productive use of after-images and other visual effects. The jury was impressed by the positive expanded cinema challenge that this film presented to its audience.” —Punto y Raya Festival 2016.
• First Prize Punto y Raya Festival, 2016, Karlsruhe (Germany).
• (S8) 9ª Mostra de Cinema Periférico – Patrones de interferencias, May 31, 2018, A Coruña (Spain).
• London International Animation Festival, Barbican Centre, December 6, 2017, London (UK).
• Tabakalera, November 3, 2017, Donostia (Spain).
• MCK (Miejskie Centrum Kultury), October 20, 2017, Bydgoszcz (Poland).
• Melbourne International Animation Festival, June 24, 2017, Melbourne (Australia).
• Moody Center for the Arts, June 3, 2017, Houston (USA).
• Fest Anča, June 29 – July 2nd, 2017, Žilina (Slovakia).
• Festival Animex, May 31, 2017, Middlesbrough (UK).
• The Exploratorium, April 20, 2017, San Francisco (USA).
• Echo Park Film Center, March 23, 2017, Los Angeles (USA).
• iotaSalon: The Best of Punto y Raya Festival, March 03, 2017, Los Angeles (USA).
• Punto y Raya Festival, October 21, 2016, Karlsruhe (Germany).
• La Lumière, March 20, 2017, Montréal (Canadá).